Florida CANNABIS CONSULTANTS
Higher Yields Cannabis Consultants is keeping watch over the current regulatory status in Florida and we offer a full range of cannabis consulting services in the state. Our vertically integrated consulting system offers a path to business success. From startup to scaling and expansion of your cannabis-related business and everything in-between our team of industry experts can help. If you have any questions please contact us online or call (844) HI-YIELD.
current regulatory status in Florida & Recent Opportunities
As the current regulatory status in Florida for cannabis is a mixed environment, it can be challenging for aspiring cannabis business owners to know where to start. Medicinal marijuana dispensaries are legal, but marijuana has not been decriminalized statewide.
Several counties and localities, however, including Miami-Dade, Orlando, Palm Beach County, Broward County, and Tampa have given police discretion to issue citations for possession instead of making arrests.
Medical use of marijuana is permitted statewide with a doctor’s certification of certain serious conditions, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, Glaucoma, PTSD, and Parkinson’s disease, among others. For this reason, Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers exist to dispense cannabis for medical purposes.
Contact Us to discuss cannabis Licensing Opportunities in Florida
Timeline of Cannabis Legalization in Florida
Following is the timeline of cannabis’ legalization in the State of Florida:
- June 16, 2014 – Governor Rick Scott signs Senate Bill 1030 into law, allowing the use of low-THC, high-CBD cannabis oil produced from Charlotte’s Web strain. Qualifying conditions under the law include cancer, epilepsy, and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis.
- March 2016 – Right To Try Act is expanded, allowing terminally ill patients to use cannabis.
- November 8, 2016 – Florida voters pass Amendment 2, a constitutional amendment legalizing the medical use of marijuana for individuals with debilitating conditions and creating a medical marijuana program in the state. The amendment passes with a 71% vote.
- June 2017 – Governor Rick Scott signs SB 8-A in a special session, implementing portions of Amendment 2, but barring smoking from implementation.
- March 2019 – Governor Ron DeSantis signs bill allowing smokable medical cannabis.
- 2020 – Legalization efforts stall after bills introduced in the legislature fail to gain traction, and activists are unable to collect enough signatures to place the issue on the 2020 ballot.
November 8, 2022 – Sensible Florida, Inc. is leading a campaign to put a legalization initiative in front of voters.
Florida Cannabis Consulting services
At Higher Yields Cannabis Consulting (HYC), our cannabis consultants are here to assist you with planning and building your cannabis business in Florida. Our team of canna advisors are well-versed in local laws on compliance, and we’re staying up-to-date with the current regulatory status in Florida. We offer services that assist you in building your brand, creating your marketing plan, designing your website and assets, crafting your social media presence, and much more to help your business see success.
Contact us at (844) HI-YIELD to learn how we can assist you.
current regulatory status in Florida & Emerging Market Conditions
In March of 2019, the Florida legislature did away with a ban on smoking medical cannabis. Since then, the medical marijuana industry in the state grew by 93% in 2019 alone, according to a report by the cannabis website Leafly. In 2019, more than 15,000 people were employed by the cannabis industry, behind only California, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. A third of those jobs were created in 2019 alone after the smoking ban was lifted for medical marijuana.
Florida has 300,000 registered medical marijuana patients, the most of any state. A few setbacks in other major markets such as California and Michigan have been markedly offset by the boom in Florida and growth in other emerging markets.
The cannabis market in Florida is currently surging, with provider Trulieve dominating the market share in both flower and THC products. Other companies, such as Cansortium, Curaleaf, and Liberty Health have a strong market presence. Since March 2019, flower sales have grown to over 30,000 ounces per week. As of April 2020, Floridians consume 100kg of THC products per week.
Contact Higher Yields Cannabis Consulting
These numbers point out the potential for success in the Florida cannabis market. Higher Yields Consulting (HYC) can help your business take advantage of the growth in this industry. Our team of experts understand marketing, branding, and regulatory hurdles, and can set you up to reach your goals. The opportunity for success is there, and Higher Yields Cannabis Consulting can help you achieve it.
Schedule a FREE Consultation to Discuss our Hemp Business Services
Address 2590 Walnut St., Denver, CO, 80205