There’s a subtle but savory irony in the fact that an industry that has historically measured its core product in both grams and ounces has embraced a platform called METRC. But what is METRC, exactly? METRC — which stands for Marijuana Enforcement Tracking Reporting and Compliance — is a comprehensive cannabis compliance system that handles tracking, tracing, trending, and reporting from seed to sale, and it has gone awry in California. We’re here to help California cannabusinesses get a handle METRC compliance.Continue reading
It’s 11:00 o’clock on a Saturday night. Do you know where your plants are? METRC does. Now that cannabis has gone mainstream, your ladies have no privacy. They’ve gone from grow light to spotlight as cannabis business compliance has become as critical as hybridizing the latest strain.Continue reading
Cannabis Compliance: Why Your Cannabis Business Might Need A Complete Compliance Audit
CANNABIS COMPLIANCE – OVERVIEW OF THE BEST FOUNDATIONS
In the new cannabis industry regulations have a way of creeping up on you. Cannabis compliance regulations are in a constant state of change as the industry is just beginning to grow and adjust as is the case with any new market.
How does a cannabis business hope to stay on top of compliance and regulations?
Higher Yields Consulting helps with cannabis consulting for most cannabis businesses who are in need of fulfilling cannabis compliance requirements – in all 50 States of the U.S.
Our cannabis business compliance consultants specialize in giving a thorough compliance audit to check for any business compliance gaps a cannabis business may have.
We’ll go over the foundations for keeping your cannabis business compliant with the current and ever-changing regulations. With the foundations up to date, you’re ready to maximize your efficiency in business processing and operations.
WHAT IS CANNABIS BUSINESS COMPLIANCE?
Cannabis business compliance is the process of business adhering to established laws, standards, regulations, policies, and remaining up to date on emerging trends. When abiding by the regulations the state government sets forth, it’s necessary to have cannabis compliance as one of your primary business goals.
Cannabis compliance can help cannabis businesses achieve other goals for overall growth in the business. Taking the necessary steps to comply with relevant laws that change consistently within the industry will keep your business ahead of competitors.
Below are the following types of cannabis businesses we help through cannabis compliance:
- Provisioning Center/Dispensary
- Secure Transporter
- Safety Compliance Facility or Lab Testing Facility
- Cannabis Facility
- Cannabis infused Product or Cannabis Edibles
- And much more
We help cannabis businesses remain ahead of the curve through a complete cannabis compliance audit.
INITIALIZING A CANNABIS COMPLIANCE AUDIT
A cannabis compliance audit is an extensive review of a cannabis organization’s adherence to the laws and regulations. A compliance audit for any type of cannabis business will give us an idea of what stage you’re at.
Higher Yields Consulting will walk your business through all the compliant intricacies. Whether you want a cannabis business to show up on the US map (by filling out a cannabis business license application) or you need to identify a missing regulation requirement.
Our cannabis consulting company will quickly and accurately divulge the following business compliance prerequisites any type of marijuana business needs to operate accordingly within the local state.
1) STANDARDS OF GETTING A CANNABIS BUSINESS LICENSE AND PERMIT
Before opening a marijuana business, you’ll need authorization to operate through a cannabis business license and necessary permits. Our cannabis consulting company will help you through the initial application process.
As you apply for a cannabis business license there are several things the local state licensing board will need.
The basic cannabis business license requirements is ensuring your business has the following:
- A well-thought-out business plan.
- A well-written license application.
- Proper documentation authorization.
- An efficient & diligent team (contracts with trusting partners).
A cannabis business license and permit will allow you to do many things, as a business, depending on your local state’s regulation guidelines.
2) IMPLEMENTING STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURES (SOPs)
Other than getting cannabis business licenses to permits, it’s important to have SOPs.
Whether you own a dispensary or a grow facility, a standard operating system (SOPs) analyzes and describes every detail in every task performed. SOPs are education and communication-based tools that help operational team members learn a functional process for efficient business growth.
3) MARIJUANA BUSINESS IN NEED OF SEED TO SALE SOFTWARE (METRC, BIOTRACK)
Our cannabis consulting includes a functional seed to sale software or METRC analysis for your marijuana business. METRC is an acronym for Marijuana Enforcement Tracking Reporting Compliance.
This is specifically design for the government to analyze transaction tracking and tracing in dispensaries, grow facilities, extraction lab facilities, or cannabis edibles production facility. METRC is an advanced way to track all necessary business production operations.
BioTrack is a seed-to-sale tracking system, similar to METRC, in the cannabis industry that helps supports many marijuana businesses. It’s essentially seed to sale software system to analyze cash flow operations.
4) INTEGRATING AN EFFICIENT OPERATIONAL SECURITY INFRASTRUCTURE IN A MARIJUANA BUSINESS
In our cannabis consulting process of conducting a cannabis compliance audit, we ensure your marijuana business is compliant with security measures.
It’s important to build a security infrastructure to safely guard your marijuana business against negative influencers.
HIGHER YIELDS CONSULTING WILL RELIEVE YOUR MARIJUANA BUSINESS OF A CANNABIS COMPLIANCE HEADACHE
When marijuana businesses utilize a cannabis consulting company like Higher Yields Consulting, your business will operate at top efficiency and stay ahead of changing cannabis industry regulations.
As a business thoroughly abides by strict regulatory compliances (from submitting a well-written cannabis business license), to using safe security measures, the marijuana business will succeed when obstacles appear.
Contact us to get your cannabis business compliant today.
Share this Article
The Latest from our cannabis consulting blog
Find the Path – Marijuana Startup Services
Higher Enlightenment – Find the Path
Let’s be real, cannabis-related business is complicated.
New medical and recreational opportunities on the horizon are highly attractive markets with huge potential. However, most entrepreneurs and investors are unfamiliar with the challenges and hurdles that come with new regulatory environments, and many end up failing in their efforts because they don’t have the right systems in place.
Investing in a marijuana businesses consultant greatly increases your chance of success. With nearly a decade in the industry, Higher Yields Consulting is the nation’s premier firm. With over 100 completed cannabis license applications in 13 merit-based states and 6 countries, we have the experience, proven track record, and systems to take your business from seed to scale.
Our 4-step Higher Enlightenment process equips owners and operators with the tools and know-how to get started and navigate the industry with confidence.
Find the Path is Step 1 and the foundation for creating a successful business. These marijuana startup services will prepare your business to weather the complex challenges of the always-evolving legal cannabis industry.
Find the Path is the road to success in the cannabis industry. Whether you’re just getting started and looking for a team to help manage and direct the process, or if you’re interested in shoring up your operations to become more efficient and compliant, we can help.
Contact Higher Yields for a consultation on how Higher Yields Consulting can be of service to you!
WHY CHOOSE HYC FOR STARTUP CONSULTING SERVICES?
- Applying for a marijuana business license is a timely and often arduous process. With high stakes and high competition in new markets, utilizing our Marijuana Business Applications services will mitigate your risk and make you an attractive candidate to regulators
- We’ve provided services to domestic and international clients and worked in dozens of varying regulatory frameworks. Our cutting-edge consultants will work with you to create a consistent and compelling narrative. With customizable templates, award-winning core operating materials and procedures, our dedicated team will make this process efficient, saving you time and money.
- An optimized operation starts with incorporating proven Standard Operating Procedures. These are fundamental base-protocols for running an effective business and navigating the changing rules and regulations. Our templates create well-defined processes and step-by-step instructions specific to your regulatory environment.
- Different markets each have unique rules regulations – staying current and compliant is mandatory if you want to stay in business. These rules often change very quickly as regulators respond to new challenges, which can in turn cause businesses to become non-compliant overnight.
- Our Marijuana Business Compliance services leave you confident that your operations are above-board and running smoothly. On-site consultants will complete a comprehensive audit of your facilities, identify potential violations, provide corrective action, and ensure owners and operators are properly trained in best practices.
- A thorough understanding of METRC, the marijuana products tracking and tracing software, is essential to remaining compliant. One discrepancy between this software and your inventory can spell disaster for your business, as you will face heavy fines or risk losing your license.
- Our METRC Reconciliation services will help you discover and rectify any differences. We also train your employees on proven methods to lessen inconsistencies, empowering your teams and giving them confidence to handle future errors with ease.
- Marijuana business tax structures are complicated and many startups are taken by surprise when they close out their first year of operations. With our 280E Tax Structure services you will gain a clear understanding of this arcane rule and have a strategy in place to minimize your liability and increase your bottom line. Our consultants will help you save annually by reducing taxable income through the proper allocation of taxable goods.
Share this Article
The Latest from our cannabis consulting blog
Why METRC Compliance Services?
METRC compliance is one of the most important aspects of your cannabis business. A wise man once said, “If you are going to play the game, you must first know the rules.” Similar to compliance, knowing the rules is the first thing we should do and often the last thing we want to do! Some businesses are so far out of regulation with Compliance that one random inspection by MED (Marijuana Enforcement Division) could spell disaster for the owner’s investment and could even result in a pulled license. METRC Certification and Training are a high priority investment for any successful cannabis business.
Tracking products and understanding how to properly use METRC (and, worse, keeping on top of the updates!) or your state required seed to sale system can be a daunting task. But failing to do so can result in catastrophe. Higher Yields can provide you with the peace of mind you seek with our METRC Certification and Training services.
It’s Never A Bad Time To Seek Out METRC Compliance Training and Certification Services
So let’s figure it out before it’s too late with our METRC Compliance professionals. Calling in professionals at the last minute is always an option, but know that emergency situations bill at emergency rates. Marijuana Consultants can get pricey when called into these situations. Even a little preventive maintenance up front can help avoid common (or disastrous!) pitfalls down the line. A good Marijuana Compliance Consultant will be up-to-date on current issues. Bringing in someone who knows the rules can save your business money, time, and serious heartache. That’s not to mention how the heavily regulated compliance here in Colorado helps protect us from the Federal Government. So get with it, for all our sake, and keep the Feds out of Colorado!
Higher Yields Is Your Choice For METRC Compliance Services
The newness of the marijuana industry makes it hard to identify issues when rules are so subjective. Knowing someone familiar with the details, with a vision of the road ahead, is invaluable to a business when MED stops by for a METRC or Seed-to-Sale Audit.
Whether compliance worries have you lying awake at night you or MED is knocking on your door, contact the professionals at Higher Yields Consulting for your METRC compliance training and officer placement. We can get you back on your feet and on the road to peaceful sleep.