Pennsylvania CANNABIS CONSULTANTS
Higher Yields Cannabis Consultants offers a full range of cannabis consulting services in the state of Pennsylvania. Our vertically integrated consulting system offers a path to business success. From startup to scaling and expansion of your cannabis-related business and everything in-between our team of industry experts can help. If you have any questions please contact us online or call (844) HI-YIELD.
The Latest News in Pennsylvania Cannabis Opportunities
In April 2016, Pennsylvania became the 24th state to enact medical marijuana legislation when Governor Tom Wolf signed Senate Bill 3 into law. Dispensary sale of medical marijuana products to qualifying patients began on February 15th, 2018. Here’s what Senate Bill 3 looks like for Pennsylvania residents:
- Though the bill initially only allowed permits for 50 dispensaries, the state is now home to over 70.
- Applicants for dispensary licensure must submit a completed permit application with a $3,000 non-refundable fee, a $30,000 permit fee (which can be refunded if the permit is not granted), and proof of $150,000 in capital.
- Certified clinicians can recommend medical marijuana in cases of approved conditions.
- Conditions that medical marijuana can be recommended for include, but are not limited to cancer, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), epilepsy, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma, and chronic pain conditions.
- Patients with approved conditions can purchase medical marijuana from dispensaries in the form of pills, oils, tincture, vaporization, and nebulization as well as topical form. Dry leaf form, which was originally prohibited by the bill, was legalized for sale as well in August 2018.
To learn more about applying for dispensary licensure and current regulations in Pennsylvania, you can visit the Resources for Dispensaries page of their Department of Health website.
- “For the first time, a bipartisan pair of senators introduced a bill that would legalize cannabis for adult use in Pennsylvania. Sens. Dan Laughlin (R) and Sharif Street (D) have drafted legislation that would allow adults 21 and older to purchase and possess cannabis from licensed retailers. The possession limit would be set at 30 grams, and medical marijuana patients would have an option to cultivate up to five plants at home.
Under the proposal, which hasn’t yet been formally introduced, a Pennsylvania Cannabis Regulatory Control Board would be responsible for managing both the medical and recreational programs and issuing marijuana business licenses. Cannabis products would be subject to the state’s six percent sales tax, in addition to a 10 percent excise tax. The revenue would go to a new Cannabis Regulation Fund, as well as a Cannabis Business Development Fund that would provide financial aid, loans, grants, and technical assistance to social and economic equity businesses.”
- “Building on the momentum of repeated calls for legalization throughout 2020, Gov. Wolf in his 2021 legislative plan said that, “Pennsylvania has built a successful medical marijuana program” and now “it’s time to take the next step and legalize recreational marijuana in the commonwealth with an emphasis on helping businesses and restorative justice.” Citing “neighbors move[s] toward legalizing recreational marijuana,” Wolf said that Pennsylvania “cannot afford to be left behind.” Gov. Wolf also called for a portion of the tax revenue to support restorative justice programs to help the individuals and communities that have been adversely harmed by the criminalization of marijuana.”
Contact Us to discuss cannabis Licensing Opportunities in Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania’s Cannabis History
Cannabis growth in Pennsylvania dates all the way back to the 1600s. When William Penn founded Pennsylvania in 1619, his intention was for hemp to be grown on the land. So, in 1683, one of the earliest General Assembly laws was passed to encourage farmers to grow hemp.
Hemp production continued to flourish in Pennsylvania all the way up until the 1930s, when the propaganda film “Reefer Madness” began to change public opinions of cannabis. It was then that Governor Gifford Pinchot banned cannabis in the state. However, the product continued to thrive as farmers kept growing “industrial hemp,” even after getting arrested for continuing their practice.
By 2014, numerous local governments had approved measures to reduce cannabis legal penalties, and by 2016, a bill had been introduced to decriminalize it altogether. That same year, medical cannabis became legal in Pennsylvania, and it remains a thriving industry today.
Pennsylvania Cannabis Consulting services
At Higher Yields Cannabis Consulting (HYC), our cannabis consultants are here to assist you with planning and building your cannabis business in Pennsylvania. Our team of canna advisors are well-versed in local laws on compliance, and we offer services that assist you in building your brand, creating your marketing plan, designing your website and assets, crafting your social media presence, and much more to help your business see success.
Contact us at (844) HI-YIELD to learn how we can assist you.
Pennsylvania’s Cannabis Market Conditions
With heightened anxiety exacerbating existing medical conditions all over the globe, it’s no surprise that the Pennsylvania medical cannabis market has been booming during the pandemic. The market has doubled since February 2020, raking in $1.3 billion in sales. In fact, sales increased by 500% in the second year of medical cannabis legalization.
More than 120,000 patients visit Pennsylvania’s dispensaries, and nearly 370,000 products are sold each week. The industry is growing rapidly, which presents a significant opportunity for investment. The market has not been oversaturated yet, so now is the perfect time to take the first step if you’re interested in opening a medical cannabis dispensary in Pennsylvania.
Call Higher Yields Cannabis Consulting Today
If you want to learn more about cultivating a thriving cannabis business in Pennsylvania, contact Higher Yields Consulting today. We are a multifaceted cannabis marketing firm that can help you with every aspect of opening your cannabis business from compliance to branding.
Our industry experts can help ensure that your cannabis business is set up to thrive. Give us a call at (844) 449-4353 or fill out our online form today for your consultation. We look forward to assisting you soon.
Schedule a Consultation to Discuss our Hemp Business Services
Address 2590 Walnut St., Denver, CO, 80205