Whether you’re just starting out in the cannabis industry or you’ve been in operation for years, HYC can help take you to the next level. We’ve received cannabis consulting inquiries on every topic in the industry and have helped people at every stage of establishing and expanding their businesses.
To help you out, we’ve compiled the best resources on our most commonly asked questions to make sure you have all the information you need for success.
Here’s everything you need to know about the cannabis industry (no matter what stage you’re at) from our cannabis consulting experts.
If you’re new to the cannabis industry, you might be at a loss for exactly where to start. The application process is also far more complex and time-consuming than you might think, so you should get the ball rolling as early as possible.
In addition to cannabis consulting, these next resources can answer any questions you have along the way.
Business Plan & Roadmap
- Cannabis Business Planning 101: Finding Your Big Idea
- Creating a Cannabis Business Plan
- Corrective Action for Cannabis Businesses: Your Plan B Blueprint
- Cannabis Marketing & Demand Generation: How to Build a Winning Strategy
- Cannabis Marketing & Seo: The Help Your Business Is Craving
- Find the Path – Marijuana Startup Services
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Cannabis Industry
- How To Get Started in a Legal Cannabis Business
- The How-to Guide to Cannabis Licensing
- The Cannabis Licensing Guide: 4 Strategies for Success
- Cannabis Licensing Applications: When to Work With Consultants vs. Attorneys
- Medical or Recreational Cannabis Licensing: What Type Should You Choose?
- Cannabis Licensing 101 — Part 1 of 2
- Cannabis Licensing 101 — Part 2 of 2
- Owning a Dispensary May Be Your Gateway Into the Cannabis Industry
- Cannabis Investment
- Cannabis Investments, Due Diligence & SWOT: Ensuring Viability & Success
Layouts of Facilities
- How to Maximize Your Cannabis Yield: Floor Plans & Equipment Systems
- Maximizing Your Yield with Optimal HVAC Design, Installation & Maintenance
- Indoor vs. Outdoor
Emerging States & Regulations
- Cannabis Legalization & Post-Pandemic Emerging States
- Hot States – Is Your State Hot or Not?: Cannabis Legalization Is Moving Forward in These Ballot States
- Cannabis Licensing in Newly Legal States
- Emerging States
- Hot States With Legal Cannabis for Adult-Use
We get a lot of cannabis consulting inquiries about hemp brokerage support because, frankly, hemp isn’t moving well these days. People are looking for wholesale opportunities, but there aren’t many buyers.
However, we are seeing movement with cultivators processing their harvest into ready-to-buy products like concentrates and creams. If you’re in the hemp industry, here are some helpful resources:
- Using a Hemp Brokerage & Consulting to Maximize the Life of Your Hemp Business
- How to Get a License to Grow Hemp
- Hemp CBD: A Current Look at the Industry
- 4 Critical Considerations & Product Labeling Requirements for CBD & Hemp
- 22 Ways Hemp Is Used for Commercial and Industrial Products
State regulations vary and are constantly changing. While many states now require the use of METRC for seed-to-sale tracking, not all METRC regulations are identical. Cannabis consulting can help businesses meet METRC compliance, and the following links can help you get started:
- The Ultimate Guide to METRC in the United States
- METRC Training: How to Ensure Effective Implementation & Team Training
- Need-to-Knows About METRC & Cannabis Business Compliance
- Metrc in Oklahoma, Massachusetts & California: How to Navigate the System & Get Compliant
Choosing the right property for your cannabis business depends on the type of business you intend to operate, and it’s also an important first step that will impact the overall success of your business. Whether you’re looking to buy, lease, or sell your property, these resources can provide guidance:
- How to Maximize Your Cannabis Yield: Commercial Real Estate — Part 1
- How to Maximize Your Cannabis Yield: Commercial Real Estate — Part 2
- Cannabis Real Estate: Deals Depend on Timing, People & Politics
- 5 Tips for Finding Cannabis Real Estate
- Choosing the Right Marijuana Property for Your Cannabis Business
- COVID-19 & Commercial Cannabis Real Estate
- Real Estate & Regulations
- The Green Zone Assessment
Native American Cannabis Opportunities
We’re currently providing cannabis consulting for a Native American tribe in New York to help shape their regulations based on industry best practices. If you’re looking for more information about Native American cannabis opportunities, here are some helpful resources.
- Native American Cannabis: A Growing Opportunity in Oklahoma
- Marketing & Branding From the BIPOC Perspective
As cannabis markets expand around the world, many international manufacturers are interested in breaking into the U.S. market. Others are relocating from expensive countries like Canada to less expensive ones like Mexico.
Recently, we even received an inquiry about helping a company move 3 million pounds of CBD out of Germany. Established and aspiring international cannabis businesses should take a look at the following resources:
- Cannabis Consulting for International Operations
- Creating Marijuana Legislation for a Successful International Cannabis Economy
- Marijuana in Mexico: Federal Legalization Is on the Horizon
- Cannabis in Europe: Understanding Emerging Markets
- International Cannabis Supply Chain
- International Cannabis Happy Hour
Design Build & Blueprints
Using our design-build method, our team can help you every step of the way through designing, constructing, and setting up your cannabis facility for business. Here are some resources to help you design and build your facility.
- Cannabis Facility Design Build
- Cannabis Design Build Operation Services
- Green Growing: Maximizing Energy Efficiency to Improve Your Cannabusiness
Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
Having the right systems in place is key to operating your business successfully. These resources can help you create and implement the right SOPs for your cannabis facility.
- Cannabis Standard Operating Procedures: The Blueprint to Your Cannabis Business Success
- Cannabis Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs): Questions, Tips & Tricks
- Cannabis Compliance: Why Your Cannabis Business Might Need a Complete Compliance Audit
Because the industry is so new, even the most seasoned pro is likely to run into a few hurdles here and there. Thankfully, cannabis consulting and the above resources can help you mitigate potential challenges and provide clarity on your journey to find success in the cannabis industry.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our cannabis experts!